Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2008/09/08

answer to post 249///very confused

hi

i seem to be abit confused by your answer because recently i posted a question asking you about my son that got learning difficulties and you recommended the same prodect called EyeQ

i know posted a question about my 3 year old daughter that is very hyper active and i need something to help her relax and you recommended the same product which is for 2 totally different problems or does this EyeQ just work for everything.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Tanya
Although it may seem confusing, the ingredients found in this product helps for both.

Best of luck!

1
Posted by: BMJ | 2008/09/09

Tanya, Omega 3 (Eye-Q) does help for both. Another alternative is either Melatone Syrup (Available from Sportron) which works out cheaper and has all the fatty acids including magnesium and zinc - which is often helpful for very active children and concentration difficulties. It does not taste great (neither does EyeQ), so you might have to give a smartie as a reward. Also remeber to shake the bottle well otherwise the ingredients dont mix well and all the fishy oil is on top. I have also heard the Biostrath works for the same things.

Just a word of caution - the supplements did not help much for my 6 year old who was very hyperactive and had learning difficulties in school. He was eventually put on Ritalin and he is doing amasing. He is a normal playful boy without that constant jumping around etc. Hoewever, my 5 year old is also at times very active and can sit still and concentrate and I found that the Melatone did help him with the over activity.

Your daughter is to young for doctors to consider Ritalin, so certainly give the supplemnts a try. You need to use it for a while - like a month, before you really notice the difference.

BMJ

Reply to BMJ