Question
Posted by: jean | 2008/10/20

answer once and for all

Wonder if somebody could give me an answer. would medicaton harm your fetus, from conception, till the time you found out that your pregnant? i only use headahe tablets, and Myprodols for back problems, but worry if it could harm the fetus. Somebody told me that the fetus feeds from the yolk sac for 5-7 weeks from date of conception, would really appreciate if someone could help me answer my question? Thanks ******

Until implantation occurs, medications do not cross to the fetus. This usually occurs 10 days after ovulation, 1.e. about 3-4 days before you miss a period. You should really avoid all medications in the 3-4 days before your period, till you know that you are not pregnant.