Question
Posted by: Girly | 2010/01/13

Another step kid

Im 37 yrs female being dated my partner for two years before we got engaged, the wedding set for the next four months. When we met he introduced me to his 14 yrs old boy, of which im also adopted my sisters kid when she passed away, he is also 14 yrs. My boy his boy everyone get along very well we are close. Few weeks ago we were approached by the family of his former girlfriend that he hasnt seen or heard from in 14 years. They were with a boy of 14 years old and they say he is my partners son he refused to say why are they telling him after 14 years they said the mother of the son was not sure who the father was that is why but she has since passed away and the boy was raised by the grandmother she just passed away.So he has no one to raise to they brought the boy to us because between my partner and the other guy the mother was dating has to take responsibility . My inlaws acceoted the boy he is leaving with them,my partner wants nothing to do with the boy he is also refusing o do DNA test to attest if he is the father, he says he will not accept him in his life. I dont know what to do and i am not sure i also want to raise him i suggested counselling he refused because eventually we have to know he has no where to go he is so young.

Above all, people must pay attention to what is best for the poor BOY, who doesn't deserve any problems caused by adults who mismanaged their lives. And a DNA test will at least establish who the father is ( and the rest of the family might be able to get a court to order such testing ) - if your guy is sure the boy is not his, the test would help to prove this. That he refuses a test strongly suggests that he believes the boy IS his, and is just not man enough to face up to this.

Don't let the poor kid suffer because adults are thoughtless and selfish

3
Posted by: What!!! | 2010/01/15

hey these fourteen year olds,what don' t you just open a place for orphans and street kids in your house then.

Reply to What!!!
Posted by: Sam | 2010/01/14

I feel sorry for this kid because he never asked for any of this.
The least you guys could do is go for a test to see if its his child or not.
If it he he is the father and should look after his child.
He should be a man and provide.
Dont allow him to shun this child if it is his, he has been through too much already.

Reply to Sam