Question
Posted by: Katrien | 2010-05-06

Another question!

Sorry Doc, I forgot to ask, when is it the best time to take the HRT Femoston-conti please? I intend to only stay a year on it to get relieve from the hot flushes, will it also cause the side-effects like cancer etc, or is it only when you stay on HRT for longer? Thanks !

Hallo Katrien
The latest guidelines say that one should take it for about 5 years and that the risk in women in the few years just after menopause is lower than in older women. One should have regular breast examinations and pap smears (if you still have a uterus)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-06

Hallo Katrien
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc