Posted by: Mango | 2009-04-17

Another man

Hi Doc. I have found out that my wife had sex with another man. She invited him to our house while I was out of the country on buisiness. She confessed to it and told me everything that happened. I decided to forgive her for that, but now I can' t stop thinking about it. I dream about it and wonder if she thinks of him while we are having sex. She said she only did it for the excitement and she feels nothing for him. How do I get over this feeling? I don' t want to divorce.

Don't just "forgive" her and assume it's all over --- insist on the pair of you working together in marriage counselling to work out the problems behind this actof cheating. Why did she need "the excitement" ? Work on it with the right sort of expert help

Posted by: Michelle | 2009-04-17

its a fantastic thing that you are able to forgive, that is a very rare thing. I would suggest you go speak to someone about how you are feeling at this stage, as this is something quite fragile to work through on your own. You must love your wife very much, dont give up and good luck.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Purple | 2009-04-17

You sound like one of the better men out there. I' m sorry that had to happen to you this way.

Reply to Purple