Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2011/03/29

Another Hernia question

Dear Doc

I have a hiatus hernia (sliding) as well as GERD. I take Altosec, 40mg daily. I have experienced a relief in GERD symptoms since treatment started but continious pain (especially in my back in line with my stomach) daily - some days severe other days nagging but not sore enough for pain relief. Since last week I have had terrible heartburn and a feeling of something stuck in my throat and last night I woke up (despite taking a sleeping tablet) with such severe heartburn that I had to take some rennies and sit up for a while. Do I go back to my gp or the gastroenterologist? Please help!!

Hi BMJ
Please see your gastroenterologist - you have symptoms that could indicate a peptic ulcer. You may need another gastrocopy to examine your stomach. Try Mucaine for this type of pain. (It contains a local anaesthetic).

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/29

Hi BMJ