Posted by: g | 2012-11-09

Another day in paradise..

Hi CS, me again, and another day in paradise. Another cloudy day.
I remember back in ''94, when I was jsut 16/17 (hard to keep track as time passes), I sat in chruch around this time of year, and we''d had really bad rainstorms and whatnot, and the geust pastor that Sunday came in with a pounding sermon, mentioning the erratic weather conditions, pointing it to the end of times. How fearful I became that day, and not the fear of God kind, I really thoguht the next thunderstorm would bring the end of time!
Almost 20 years later, and the times seem to have no end in sight. I wonder what he is saying these days.
Anyway, I just wish there would be some change now, proper summer, then we could at least make use of the swimming pool which is expensive to maintain for nothing.
Have a great weekend CS, and everyone.

I wonder whether that old-fashioned and misguided ( maybe misguiding ? ) pastor is still saying anything a all ? My cat says thanks, but she has absolutely no use for a swimming pool anyway

Posted by: B | 2012-11-09

Well, just went through a mighty storm here, hail, trees swaying violently and all that. Pretty frightening, used to tolerate this type of weather, but since living through a tornado back in the 90''s, no more a thrill. What makes it worse, I suffer from panic disorder, even the mildest storm(or anything else mildly traumatic) will get my heart hammering, legs wobbling and my lungies gasping for breath. Had a nightmare last night, tornado all over again, broken windows, missing garden walls and branches blocking my way in my living room. This time my beloved yorkie got sucked up by the monster twister, which I vividy observed from my debris filled lounge. Woke up to, yep, you guessed it, a panic attack. Another day in paradise indeed.

Reply to B
Posted by: Anon | 2012-11-09

Cheer up a bit! :) As much as the weather might suck for certain activities, it''s perfect for others! Perfect for crawling under a cosy blanket with a good movie and a bowl of popcorn or reading an awesome book or.. making some pancakes! :)) Personally I love this weather, it''s a nice break from either freezing to death in the winter or the extreme heat we have here in SA during summers.
Make your own rainy day traditions, something to cheer you up and to make it a little less gloomy, my gran and mom always started mixing batter for pancakes when this kind of weather kicked up and it made it alot funner for me and my sister.. gave us something to look forward too :)