Posted by: Ambitious | 2009-03-27

Another coffee question

I have been comparing different diets on the internet .most of the celebrity diets dont allow coffee and alcohol at all .Alcohol I understand why , but coffee I dont understand .what could be the reason for cutting out coffee ?
Im on a strict diet and I drink 1 cup of coffee ( black ) every morning .just one cup per day .NO ALCOHOL , NO FRUIT JUICE , NO SOFT DRINK ,JUST WATER and rooibos tea without sugar and that 1 cup of coffee every morning . do you think I should also cut coffee ?

Dear Ambitious
The celebrity diets ban alcohol because 1 g provides 29 kJ (second only to fat which contains 37 kJ), but why they ban coffee is a mystery because black coffee on its own contains zero kJ. You can certainly have your cup of black coffee every morning when you are on diet. I don't know which one of the celeb diets you are contemplating, but be careful because most of them are highly unbalanced. You may lose plenty of weight with celeb diets, but you will probably regain all the weight you have lost when you revert to normal eating.
Good luck with the ambitious plan

Posted by: Ambitious | 2009-03-27

And my strict diet includes food .All bran flakes + low fat milk for breakfast , banana &  apple for snack , 2 slices of brown bread + salad + rooibos tea without sugar for lunch AND low fat yoghurt + pear for dinner .
sometimes for lunch I have spinach + brown rice .love spinach .its the only veggie I can swallow .
I know its not healthy not to eat dinner but its only temporary .as soon as I lose weight I will start having dinner .I also eat 2 eggs on saturday ONLY and I eat grilled chiken on sunday only .

Many thanks .

Reply to Ambitious