Question

Another cat question

I have adopted 2 kittens, male and female as per recent question. They are 3 months old. The male cat next door (1 year old neutered) has always been quite interested in them and seems to be playful, but when he swipes at them it is quite hard. He is also spraying inside my house which he has never done before. His owner reckons he is fine with the kittens (she doesn' t know he is spraying in my house) but as he is quite rough, it looks like he is " klapping them"  and the fact that he is spraying in my house, I think he is unhappy about them. I have had the kittens now for 2 months and he has interacted with them like this ever since I have had them. Do you think that he is okay with them or stressed about them? He never hisses at them or growls so it could be just he is a rough player? Are the feliway diffuser' s easily available at vets? thanks very much for your input.

Dear Anon

The diffuser is available at any vetshop. The other cat just wants to make sure that everybody knows he is the top cat in the area. I suspect once they get bigger they will stand their ground with him. I would not allow a cat that sprays into my house at all!

1

check out a petslife online pet shop for feliway.
also consider getting an access control cat flap like a magnetic or infra-red one. that way only your cats will be able to gain access to your home, not the neighbors cat