Question
Posted by: Shettles | 2010/09/08

Anon

Hi Please help me. I did the shettles method to the book to conceive a boy and I took the ovulation tests and everything but I just found out I am having a girl. Could the scan be wrong. I am 20 weeks.

These methods aren't really very reliable, so it is not a surprise.

2

Posted by: heidi | 2010/09/09

firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy and your little girl! the shettles method is not a given and it all comes down to your husbands sperm, because her determines the sex of the baby. would say that its unlikely that the scan will be wrong but if you are in doubt, go for a fetal assessment, then they would be able to confirm. i am not sure whether or not this is your first child or that you have a girl allready and therefore wanted a boy to have your pigeon pair. i am the mother of two little girls and wouldn''t change them for anything, i would give my life for them. be sad for a little about the boy that you wanted and are now not having and then be grateful that you are able to have children. so many woman out there that aren''t able. i am not saying this to annoy you but merely to point out that you are one of the lucky ones that are able to experience the amazing joys of motherhood. best of luck with your pregnancy.

Reply to heidi