Question
Posted by: Eating vaseline | 2010/08/18

Anon

Hi cyber doc

I am not sure if I am normal, but I can''t help but eat Vaseline.
I use to eat like a teaspooful when I was a kid, however that habit soon went away when I was 9yrs old, now that I am 22 I just can''t stop getting the taste of Vaseline out of my system, it''s as if I have to eat it. What are the risk of eating Vaseline with petroleum, C11-13 Isoparaffin.

Thank alot in advance...

Hallo Eating Vaseline
Except if you eat big volumes, it will probably just go through your system. It may however cause bowel obstruction and negatively affect the absorbtion of your vitamins and nutrients. You may have a nutritional/mineral deficiency causing the craving (by the way, this is called PICA)It can also be a sign of obsessive compulsive disorder. Try taking a good multivitamin and ask your doctor to check your iron levels.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/18

Hallo Eating Vaseline