Question
Posted by: Which month am I? | 2008-12-17

Anon

I am very confused about your ' months'  in pregnancy as opinions vary. In which week does the 8th and 9th month start?

Does the 8th month start from week 31-35?
And then the 9th month from 36-40?

The weeks and months do not correlate accurately as most months do not have 28 days or 4 weeks. If you want to know your due date, this can be worked out from the date of your last period.

1
Posted by: Ruby | 2008-12-17

Hey Anon,
I was also bit confused about this, but this is how I understand it now: A woman is pregnant for 9 months (biologically). However, most women dont know when exactly they conceived their baby. Most woman know the 1st day of their last period (and if they dont, you can normally work it out on the length of your cycle). So the 40 week thing is worked out from the 1st day of your last period. That is the start of week 1. So basically, when you are 2 weeks pregnant (according to the 40 week calander) you probably just got pregnant. 40 weeks is about 9 months and 2 weeks. So yes you are right about your weeks for the months. I am now 7 weeks pregnant (so a month and 3 weeks), but in reality, its only 5 weeks since conception... So I am 1 month and 1 week pregnant (even though I am on week 7). Hope this makes sence :-) Kind Regards Ruby

Reply to Ruby