Posted by: Sanet | 2012-11-24

Annual Leave

I was off work for the whole of June due to a mixed episode. I was told recently that I have 5 weeks worth of leave available and must take at least 2 weeks, otherwise HR won''t allow me to carry over the last 3 weeks until next year. I really needed the leave, it''s good that I had it available. So, now I''m on my second week of leave and can''t show anything I''ve accomplished. I don''t have the attention span to watch a movie. Weird, but I will keep on watching older movies that I''ve seen several times before. I used to love going to the movies. I can''t motivate myself to do anything. I definitely needed the rest, because I would have lost it totally at work. Why am I not interested in anything.
I would do my best to sleep as much as possible. Am I depressed? I don''t feel depressed . But why do I prefer to watch movies I''ve seen more than 10 times.
I want to make the best of my leave. What can I do to relax?

I'm a bit puzzled, about the exact nature of your problem - leave is leave - does one absolutely HAVE to accomplish something during it ? Maybe one hopes to catch up on household chores, but most of us slip up on such plans.
Maybe you're attracted to watching old movies, because they're less demanding to watcgh, as you remember many parts of them, and maybe this also helps you recall feeling happier in better times, when you first saw them ?
Sometimes we relax best when we are doing something, thouh something not too active or challenging - tidy the bookshelves, sort out the cupboards, whatever