Question
Posted by: Lil | 2009-02-17

Annoying Mother-in-Law Syndrome

Hey all

Need some advice on anyone that has had the annoying mother-in-law syndrome. If you guys know what i am talking about feel free to contribute.

I hope you'lll get a flood of understanding and helpful responses !

5
Posted by: joan | 2009-02-26

u see she is trying to get you out of the way dont let her, the bible says when you get married you leave your parents behind and live your own life with wife and children. now he is still a mommies boy and dont know how to say no to his mom. he wouldnt change cos she got him under her wing and he is trained so not to say no, i bet she manipulates him.

Reply to joan
Posted by: Lil | 2009-02-19

I am indian

Reply to Lil
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-02-18

Are you indian or the family you married into?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Lil | 2009-02-18

Well, i dont even know where to start. She overpowers my husband and we dont go anywhere alone without taking her with us. We take her sometimes but she is always ready when we want to spend time together. I am away from my family so i see them once in a while, but i do call home, but i noticed that when i call then she wants to call someone just cos i used the phone. She complains to her family and daughter about me all the time and i told my husband about it, but he says that i am making it up. We are newly married but our marriage is taking a strain cos of her. I am at wits end trying to explain to her that my hubby and i need time alone together but we cant even go on holiday she wants to be there. One thing i hate the most is the way she talks down to him but he just doesnt pay attention. I told him that we will go for therapy but he says that is not necessary.
And let me tell you being an indian daughter-in-law is not easy at all, i try really hard to make her see that i am not a threat, but i know that she is a threat in our relationship.

Reply to Lil
Posted by: Same | 2009-02-18

Hi Lil, let me first start telling you its not a syndrome but a reality LOL. Secondly, if I get started on my MIL then there is no stopping. My marriage is even at risk and right now, I could not care less if we part because I dont know how much more I can take...

Reply to Same