Question
Posted by: Lauren | 2009/09/01

Annoying Girl

Hi, what' s up? I have a problem with a girl that I have not spoken to in over a year and a half who keeps talking about me to people. On Sunday I lost it after I heard that apparently I never got paid last month and only got half pay this month... So I put a thing up on mxchange on mxit asking anyone who knows her tell her I think she' s pathetic and if she carries on talking about me I will take action. One girl replied asking if I' m the chick that does private modeling shows and what comes around goes around etc... I maintained I was not the modeling chick not knowing that you can actually see peoples other ads. Now I do modeling and I' m not worried that I got caught out on a lie because quite frankly it' s non of their business but now I' m annoyed because it' s evident that she talks about me to EVERYONE! And I' m thinking that I' m not going to stoop to her level by lying about her to people- by putting up that ad I wanted her to feel what it' s like to hear that people are talking about you, and it' s the first time that I' ve retaliated in over a year. I don' t think I was in the wrong at all by putting up the ad- I' ve taken it off now because all I needed was for 1 of her friends to see it. Another friend of hers replied as well and did not seem surprised at this girls antics. Now I just want to know- do you think that ad will be enough to stop her talking or should I have a lawyer write up a letter to her?

If there is evidence that rthis pathetic creature is dfaming or harrassing you, you may be able to getb a court order to forbid her from doing so. But you can't complain if she is accurate about your having advertised as a model. I'm inclined to agree with Stiefie, as well as Anon. NObody in your story is behaving in a mature and sensible way.
But I do wish people would realize that (a ) nobody NEEDS to use Mixit and Facebook, etc., and (b) if you do you are choosing to expose information about yourself to people without adequate control over who sees it or how they might use and abuse it.
Rather than showing her how it feels, your responses so far may actually be encouraging her by demonstrating how effectively she is upsetting you

7

Hi again Lauren,You mustn' t let it bother you so much. Sometimes ignoring people is the better solution. Like in, if you hear something that she said about you, you do the following. Lift your head up 5 cm, let a small smile play around your mouth, then you snort and say: " I' ve decided that my time is much more important and I am not going to allow small minded jealous people to upset me any more." 

Then you change the subject. You can even mxit that sentence. Try it once, even if you don' t feel the words yet. Later you will, and she will realise that, no matter what she says, she' s going to get the same reaction from you. She' ll get bored eventually, but only after everyone else have realised how vindictive and small-minded she is. If she' s really as bad as you say, she' ll do her own job of destroying her own reputation. And you can get the reputation for having a cool head :) which is the better reputation, do you think

Posted by: Lauren | 2009/09/01

Hi Anon, thanks for reading this with an open mind. Not at all- like I said I would never stoop to her level and lie. I had it under the " confessions"  section and I took it off after two of her friends responded. Like I said, I just wanted her to feel what it' s like to hear stories about her. And it is that bad- apart from her car story, she also told my boyfriends mother (who doesn' t particularly like me but we worked together anyway) that I told her (annoying girl) that she (boyfriends mother) will back stab her and she' s told people that you need to step over the dirt in our house to get in it' s so filthly...

Reply to Lauren

If it' s that serious, take it to court. Just remember, if you advertised this as a porn ad, you could get into serious trouble - she can be attacked and you could be charged as an accessory. Rather go the legal route, get an interdict against her, but always, always keep your side clean.

Posted by: Lauren | 2009/09/01

Sorry, I also wanted to ad that she went around telling people she' s going to get me arrested for attempted murder because apparently I loosen 2 of her wheels and while she was driving home they fell off. With SERIOUS lies like these about me, am I not entitled to retaliate?

Reply to Lauren
Posted by: Lauren | 2009/09/01

Kelly we usd 2 be friends wen we workd 2getha &  a few months after I left she startd with this. She tells pple that I said the 1 lady is a lesbian, that her bf' s sister is a slut and she' s ruining my reputation. And to Steifie, I don' t care whether it was childish or not. It was the 1st time I' ve retaliated since last year March. Don' t you think that lying about someone for a year and a half is childish? And don' t you think I tried confronting her? She ran so fast to her car/ inside the shops/ where ever! I eventually sent her an SMS to tell her to stop or else and she told everyone I sent her an SMS apologizing and asking if we can go for drinks!

Reply to Lauren
Posted by: Stiefie | 2009/09/01

You put a ad on Mxit? I mean really now. Firstly - how childish. Secondly - how childish.
Ever thought of actually contacting her directly and telling her to stop ?

Reply to Stiefie
Posted by: Kelly | 2009/09/01

This situation sounds rather strange...

Reply to Kelly