Posted by: Michelle | 2012-05-07

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Who would be able to help me with my stiffness in the morning, I am 47 years old and have just found out I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I am seeing a specialist who has put me on Salazopyrin, Celebrex, Calciferal and Topzole to pretect the tummy but some days my stomach burns and feels very uncomfortable. I do take the medication after meals I am seeing a Biokinetist twice a week and twice a week I do cardio at the local gym. The Dr did a HLA B27 blood test and showed up postivie. as well as a VitD 25 blood test which shows a moderate deficiency. I am so stiff in the monring I can''t even bend to pick up somthing.

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Michelle,
Whatever exercise you do please ensure it is pain free and simple. Your goal is to maintain mobility but you need to consider your diet and lifestyle as well. If you would like to gain further advice on how remain mobile please consilt with your local osteopath.