Question
Posted by: Helena | 2012-01-30

Ankylosing Spondylitis

Good day to you,

My fiancee has just been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and we would like to know what we can do about a healthier diet and excercies? I currently give him a multivitamin, berocca calcium and he''s going to join a local gym.

Can you recommend anything?

Kind regards,

Helena
Somerset West

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Hi Helena
Postural and breathing exercise are quite important- Pilates can be quite good, but you can speak to a physiotherapist and enquire about the correct exerciises. A healthy, balanced diet is also important. You can also ask the doctor who diagnosed him for some additional info or contact the arthritis Foundation on 0861303030 for more information