Question
Posted by: michelle | 2011/11/12

ankylosing spondylitis

I''m 42 and have been diagnosed with start of Ankylosing Spondylitis. Pain in my hips started about 2 months ago. Rheaumatologist gave me celebrex prn. I am very active, dance, aqua aerobics, walk on a treadmill, yoga and aerobics I don''t want it to get worse ! I am so depressed about it. What can I take or do to stop the progression ??

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Michelle
Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory disease. I suggest you call the Arthritis Foundation on 0861303030 and ask for additional info on this. The fact that you have been so active has probably already delayed the progress and I suggest you keep on being this active. Also do lots of deep breathing exercises. Try and limit very high impact exercises, but all your activities sound good. Currently there is nothing I know of that can really stop the process, but ask the Arthritis Foundation if they know.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2011/11/21

Dear Michelle

Reply to Healthy Bones