Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2009/10/28

Ankle swelling &  constant adominal pain

Medical mystery to my doctor as I have had everything scanned from heart, lungs, liver, pancrease and gall bladder. I have a constant pain under ribs right hand side from the liver to the kidney and left hand side between heart and lung and as the pain increases my ankles swell. I am prone to very low blood pressure eg 50/70 yet they can' t find anything wrong with the heart, the liver is not swollen, the sugar levels in blood is fine and gall bladder functioning with no signs of stones. Why do my ankles swell and legs feel heavy - is this an allergy or intolerance? I try not to eat wheat products and have changed to soya to replace milk?

Hallo Andrea
Swollen ankles can be caused by heart disease ( heart failure) kidney disease ( nephrosis) or a problem with the flow of the blood from the feet back to the heart ( venous insufficiency) or lymphatic problems ( lymph oedema). It may be that it is a coincidence that the two things happen at the same time and I think you should also be examined for a spastic colon.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/28

Hallo Andrea

Reply to cyberdoc