Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2010/02/18

Ankle Issue

Dear doc,

I' ll try to brief and descriptive. When I was 8 months old, I received a penicillin injection to which I was allergic, fatally, it turns out. My heart stopped for 15 minutes. A cell in my left brain died, causing my right side to grow slower. As a result I have a weak ankle. I was told that I need an op, but no doctor can tell me which op I need.

My foot bends inwards, my toes don' t operate properly, this causes unnecessary strain on my ankle, and I am not looking forward to physio three times a week for the rest of my life. I' ve been to specialist after specialist, and no one can give me a straight, feasible, plausible answer.

Please help?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Joanne,

You clearly suffer from a complex neurological foot problem - you should see a specialist in foot surgery and if you tell me which area you live in i could maybe suggest such a person

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

2
Posted by: Joanne | 2010/02/19

Hi Doc,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I''m in Gauteng, West Rand

Reply to Joanne
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/18

Dear Joanne,

Regards,

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum