Question
Posted by: Anklet | 2009/11/24

Ankle Injury (Ligament)

Hi Cyberdoc

I have damaged the ligament on the left outer side of my left foot and saw a surgeon who said only surgery could fix it. I have surgical risks so he first suggested 8 weeks of ankle strengthening with a Biokineticist to strengthen the ankle muscles and give it some stability. My medical aid has rejected the request and my funds are limited. Where can I find ankle strengthening exercises I can start immediately and do at home myself? They all seem to require a credit card payment. I had an MRI and there is no damage to the bones or joint.

The only thing is the front of my calf has a sore muscle/ligament or tendon that I think is compensating.

I can' t take anti-inflamms or painkillers as I am Asthmatic.

But I feel that I could do these exercises at home myself.

Dear Anklet
See http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/strengtheningexercises/ss/ankleexercises.htm
Alternatively you could go for one session and let the biokineticist show you what you should do for the next 8 weeks?

2
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/11/24

My foot is fine now after applying Repiral gel and drinking Cataflam so I' ve swam today and actually did 8 runs was out on the 9th one, so going to swim just after I fetched my daughter at 17:00.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/24

Dear Anklet

Reply to cyberdoc