Question
Posted by: March | 2012/05/25

Ankle fracture

30 April 2012 I fractured my ankle. Gp couldn''t put a plaster on as was too swollen n made a cast. 14 May 2012 I saw orthopaedic surgeon another xray was requested to make sure no further damages has occurred. I wear a moon booth since until 4 June 2012 when going for follow up. However ankle pains a lot. Is it normal for a fracture or is it the cold as well,4weeks later? I keep still as I can and foot most of time elevated.
Possibility of more complications? Is the suggest treatment sufficient...very worried.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear March
I don't know how bad the fracture was and pain levels do differ from patient to patient. If you are worried that you pain levels ar still too high, please phone your GP - he will know whether this was a complicated fracture etc. Also ensure your diet is rich in protein, minerals and vitamins as a balanced diet will also speed up healing.

2
Posted by: March | 2012/05/29

Thank you for the speedy feed back Theresa. However, I have another question if it is ok with you. My current treatment, wearing a Moon booth, is it sufficient?
I also started drinking Caltrate plus.
Kind regards
March

Reply to March
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012/05/28

Dear March

Reply to Healthy Bones