Posted by: Dennis | 2011-07-22

Ankle and feet swelling + numbness

Hi Doc I am 62 years old and I work on my feet the whole day.
Over the last 2 months my feet and my ankle started swelling and I also have alot of numbness in my feet only not in my legs.
I tried keep my feet up for the last 2 days but the sweling does not go down. Please tell me what should I try on my feet

Kind Regards

There are numerous causes for swelling of the feet. You will have to consult your doctor for a full examination and blood tests, as well as an ECG to evaluate your heart. Taking a diuretic will assist but pathological conditions will have to be excluded. It is still a good idea to elevate your feet as much as possible.

Please do not postpone a consultation with your doctor.