Posted by: Mitch S | 2012-09-12

Hi, I have pain in the arch of my ankle (top of the foot and front of shin). It is fine when i''m just walking around but i play rugby and that''s when I feel it. the pain seems to stem from if I keep my foot flat on the floor and bend my knee and flex my leg forward while keeping my foot flat I get a sharp pain in the above mentioned area. Also there is no swelling that I can see.
Hope you can help thanks

It is possible that you have injured the tendons and the junction between the tendon and the bone. This causes inflammation and results in pain. You will have to consult an orthopeadic surgeon for an examination, x-rays and possible MRI scan to determine the exact cause for your discomfort. In the interim you can use Myprodol capsules and refrain from playing rugby until you have consulted the specialist.