Question
Posted by: mommy | 2009-02-18

Aniversary coming up

My baby¡ ¦ s first ¡ § anniversary¡ ¨  (1 year since she passed away, she was 6 months old) is coming up next week Thursday. I feel anxious about this, and I know it might sound stupid. I¡ ¦ m not sure how to handle this. On Monday I also attended a funeral of a friend that was shot cold blooded by intruders, at the same church where her funeral was.

Recently my sister lost her baby at 17 weeks. That touched a ¡ § nerve¡ ¨ ? I feel so sorry for her, and I understand that she wants to go through this on her own time. I respect that. But in the same time I just want to give her a hug and tell her that it will get better, day by day.

Is it normal to feel this way before an ¡ § anniversary¡ ¨  like this? People say that I am stressing too much about this.

I have been diagnosed with BP II, and in the past week I experienced a lot of highs, and since yesterday it hit rock bottom. Currently I am on Zopimed = 2 x 7.5mg, Lamectin = 300mg and Seroquel = 200mg daily. (Maybe the stress at the office also has something to do with this, won¡ ¦ t go into detailƒ º )

I just needed to tell somebody objective about this. Thanks for reading.

It i sad but normal that one feels extra sadness at the anniversary of the loss of someone you loved, and/or when other events especially remind you of your loss. People probably intend to be kindly in trying to discourage you from expressing such feelings, but it is not wise to ignore them --- respect them, expres them, and let them pass.
Sounds like apart from the BP, you have a range of other stresors also unsettling you right now, but hopefully these will setle down in the coming weeks

2
Posted by: LL2 | 2009-02-18

Hi mommy! It was my son' s 1st anniversary yesterday. I totally understand what you mean. You know what, I thought that the day would be bad and to my surprise, I had my tears and sad moments but overall it was a good day. Had my daughter with me in the morning we watched dvd' s. Then went for a pedicure at my friends place and we ate pizza and chocolates - it was good to be surrounded by people who love me. try to plan to do something. Go to a movie with a friend. Dont sit at home - get out. It helps. But dont be scared it will be ok. you will pull through. All i can say to you is all the best and look back of the happy memories you have of your baby. It will be difficult but we have come this far - i know we can cope with what we are having to deal with now.

Reply to LL2
Posted by: mommy | 2009-02-18

My apologies, the text didn' t come out right:

My baby' s first ¡ nniversary (1 year since she passed away, she was 6 months old) is coming up next week Thursday. I feel anxious about this, and I know it might sound stupid. I' m not sure how to handle this. On Monday I also attended a funeral of a friend that was shot cold blooded by intruders, at the same church where her funeral was.

Recently my sister lost her baby at 17 weeks. That touched a "  nerve" ? I feel so sorry for her, and I understand that she wants to go through this on her own time. I respect that. But in the same time I just want to give her a hug and tell her that it will get better, day by day.

Is it normal to feel this way before an " anniversary"  like this? People say that I am stressing too much about this.

I have been diagnosed with BP II, and in the past week I experienced a lot of highs, and since yesterday it hit rock bottom. Currently I am on Zopimed = 2 x 7.5mg, Lamectin = 300mg and Seroquel = 200mg daily. (Maybe the stress at the office also has something to do with this, won' t go into detail
:-)

Reply to mommy