Question
Posted by: SS | 2010/07/26

ANIMAL DANDER ALLERGIES -

Can you give me an indication of why some people develop allergies to animal dander specifically whilst others dont. I read on the web some time that young children or neonates that are exposed to animals and cigarette smoke simultaneously at that age have a higher incidence of developing animal allergies than young children that dont. Why is this and what other info can you give me regarding this. Anyone with a similar situation please share your experience.
Thanks.

Hallo SS
It is often hereditary or genetic. You have to be exposed to an allergen in order to develop an allergy. The more intense and repetitive the exposure to an allergen and the earlier in life it occurs, the more likely it is that an allergy will develop. Other important influences that may conspire to cause allergic conditions are smoking, pollution, infection, and hormones. Allergic people have an overactive response to certain allergens because they make more Immunoglobulin E.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/26

Hallo SS