Question
Posted by: Ryan | 2011/06/30

Angular cheilitis

Hi Dr
Could you please suggest the best remedy for my angular cheilitis because it is painful and irritating me immensely!

Ryan

Treatment will depend on the cause of the angular cheilitis. It can be due to a bacterial infection that can be treated with Bactroban topical ointment for at least 7 days or it can be due to a fungal infection that can be treated with over the counter topical anti-fungal cream, like Canestin. It can also be due to a malabsorption syndrome that can be treated with Vitamin B Complex shots.