Question
Posted by: Desirè  | 2011-01-17

Angstig

Liewe Dokter

Na 4 maande van kraamverlof moes ek weer begin werk, ek is baie angstig om my baba in die oggend te los, en huil die hele tyd, sal n anti-deprisant help?
Baie dankie

I wouldn't think immediately of an antidepressant. They can help someone with a true chemically related depression, but obviousl they don't change circumstances which you find upsetting. You don't mention whether you are breast-feeding, but that would be relevant if you were thinking of using an antidepressant, as some such chemicals can get included in breast milk, and that might not be best for the baby.
Your experience raises the issue of whether there may not be a down-side to maternity leave, if it encourages a mother to become so dependent on being close to her baby that she feels very upset evan at the prospect of returning to work and not being with the child 24/7.
You would be far more helped by seeing an experienced counselor or psychologist, to better understand what is happening, why it upsets you, and how best to deal with this.
You need expert help to think this through - WHY do you feel anxious and sad ( crying is usually about sadness, not only anxiety ) at the thought of leaving the child to be cared for by someone else for a few hours a day ? Don't you trust the other person ? Do you really think the child would come to harm ? Or are you perhaps more fearful of going back out into the world on your own, returning to work, and YOU being without the comforting presence of the baby for some hours a day ?

4
Posted by: Dave | 2011-01-18

Desire, dink miskien so daaraan:
In vandag se wereld met sy finansiele eise is dit ''n harde realiteit dat ma''s moet werk om die mas op te kom. Waneer jy by die werk is, is jy juis ook besig om vir jou kind te sorg. Dit gese dink ek tog dat dit ''n moeilike aanpassing is maar jy sal gou weer gewoond raak daaraan.

Reply to Dave
Posted by: Desirè  | 2011-01-17

I feel sad because i just miss her so much, during the day, and i wonder if she will be okay. and i know i miss out on so much when im at work.
all the little things she does,and all her milestones, when im at work, it really is very hard for me. my docter gave me esperide for a few days, and i did feel abit better.
but it is very difficult for me every morning.

Reply to Desir&#232 
Posted by: CP MOM | 2011-01-17

Dis altyd baie moeilik om jou kleintjie te los...ekt myne moes los en terugkeer na werk na 3 weke...mens kan dit doen en glo my vry dis erger vir jou as vir die kind.

Hulle huil gewoonlik as jy hulle los en dit skeur ''n mens in twee maar dit gaan gou gou oor. Maak net doodseker wie die dagmoeder of cresche is sodat jy ten minste die gerusstelling het dat jou bondeltjie goed versorg sal wees.

sterkte

Reply to CP MOM