Question
Posted by: miekie | 2010/10/04

Angs - angina aanval

Dag prof,
Slegte nag gehad. Vanoggend voor +- 3uur wakker geword met angs - angina aanval. Was- is gestres afgelope tyd agv gesondheidsprobleme en my seun wat beroof was by werksplek Vrydag. Angina pyn het binne 10 min. weggegaan sonder meds. Kon angs dalk die hoofoorsaak wees van angina. Sit nou met ''n vreeslike hoofpyn. Ek het ook agtergekom as ek saans my Lexamil en Urbanol drink tesame met pynpil 1x Tramacet dat ek snaaks voel bv. jeuk vel en nagmerrries. Is daar dalk interaksie tussen meds. Skuus vir al die vrae.
Ek hoop u geniet die dag ten volle.

Sometimes it can be difficult to be sure to what extent the angina is causing the anxiety, or the anxiety causing the angina. Indeed, usually both are happening.
Obviously angina arises when there are existing problems with the blood supply to one's hart, but anxiety and stress can increase one's heart rate and the demands on the heart, and precipitate an attack of angina.
YOu mention several meds, but none for heart or circulation problems - I hope you have been seeing a proper cardiologist for a full assessment of the ehart and circulation, and proper treatment for that.
Some people find that on particular antidepressants they seem to experience more nightmares.
Its also worth seriously considering seeing a psuchologist for CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ) to learn to avoid avoidable stress and to cope with unavoidable stresses better, to relax when you need to do so. The fact that your angina following the robbery went away without meds sugegsts that this could be effective for you.

1