Posted by: mommy | 2008-12-09

Angry Kids

My son is 2yrs and 3 months old. He is the youngest from 3 kids-the oldest being 6.

My pregnancy was very stressful with him due to some family feud. When he was still under a yr old he would bang his head on the ground when he got angry.

He tends to have a very short temper and from last week he is biting the person his getting angry towards...he bites real bad too. He is at home with me and does not attend older two have short tempers too but never bit. I am extreemely concerend about this behaviour.

their father, my husband also has some anger problems but is not physical abusive and a very loving father. he does however, have too many restrictions and at times too strict but he doesnt hit them eithre. Our relationship is also good with a few ups and downs but I have to admit that the kids are around when we do have an argument...and I esp notice my older getting anxious when this happens.

How do I help them manage their anger esp my youngest one.

Thank You

Try also posting this question on the Parenting Forum. to hear how opther moms and dads handle similar problems. Your youngest is toop young to specifically help him to manage his anger, other than by distraction when he starts to get cross. Kids might inherit some moderate tendency to lose their temper easily, but most of the apparenteffect is imitation --- seeing a parent who gets cross easily, encourages them to get cross and to express this vividly. All kids thrive in a system of clear and fair rules, only dealing with important things, and with clear and known consequences for breaking rules. They might be encouraged to avoid tantrums if it was explained to them that any time they tantru, they will be put in a quiet place to cool off ( for 3 minutes per year of age ) until they calm down.

Posted by: old school | 2008-12-09

spank him - finish &  klaar

Reply to old school