Question
Posted by: MOM | 2011/08/22

Angry 5 year old

Hi Doc, I need some advice..
My hubby and I, with our two girls moved up to Joburg a few years ago. And my 5 year old is very angry about it. I think she blames me for the move and the only way she knows how to deal with the seperation (of all her family esp her grandma) is with anger....HOw do I make her feel better?

Talk with her ( not TO her ). Chat. Ask her about how angry she feels, what she most dislikes about the move, what maybe is better than she thought it would be, and what worse, explore these feelings. Maybe help her find physical ways ( sports or other physical activity ) to use up somr of her angry energy

1