Question
Posted by: Sue | 2009/11/04

Angiogram

I was referred to see a cardiologist (my GP picked up a loud murmur , and my feet were swelling ) , the cardiologist did a heart sonar and picked up the the mitral valve was leaking , he prescibed a beta block , my ECG was fine and looked good , my blood test came back , my LDL Cholestrol was 3.8 and he prescibed a light cholestrol tab for this , my sugar is fine and so is my thyroid.I had to wear a heart monitor for 24hours , I do get palpitations which realy is uncomfortable ,it happens any time during the day , so I went back the cardiologist , they took the monitor off and I told the nurse what time these palpitations occured , I could not wait for Dr to come as I was on my way to work , they phoned me to say the Dr wants to do a angiogram , I am 31 years old , I excercise 3 x a week (45 min sessions) I dont smoke , why does he want to do a angiogram , what could he have picked up on the heart monitor .... plse advise I am scarred ?

Hallo Sue
I think you should phone him and speak to him to find out what the reason is - usually they do it if they think there may be a narrowing of the coronory arteries. It is an invasive procedure so you need to make an informed decision whether you want to consent to this.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Sue

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Sue

Reply to cyberdoc