Question
Posted by: Fransi | 2009/11/03

Anger Management

My fiance gets very angry very quickly. He is not abuse physically. The problem is he gets angry at some one and always takes it out on me. I am looking for anger management classes for him, to help him cope, it really hurts when he gets like this. He doesn' t have a medical aid, can any tell me where i can get free counselling for him or free courses that can help him deal with this?

Personally, I reommend AGAINST "Anger Management Classes" for several good reasons. The causes of anger are much too individual to be helped by a one-size-fits-all approach, and needs an individual assessment and individual attention. And such classes are rarely run by anyone with outstanding skill, knowledge and experience, and is often absurdly expensive for the little they provide.
A psychologist using CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) is far more likely to be successful. The SADAG website and number can help find some shrinks offering CBT. Some are not too expensive ; and check what might be available through your local medical school and major state hospital

1