Posted by: Bad temper | 2009-01-26

Anger management

Dear Doc

I seem to have problem controlling my temper and I get angry and overreact to the small thing . I could feel as if I' m loosing control when I" m angry it' s scary . Is there any way ( take supplement ) to control the temper . It' s also happen around the time I' m about to have my period . The last time it happened I acutally started my period and it stopped . Very confused pleae help .

No supplements do any of the sort you are seeking. Seeing a CBT counsellor / psychologist can help you learn to identify the truggers for your anger, and how best to control your responses to them. If the timing of such episodes relates to your periods, there could be a hromonal factor at play ( which could be modified medicinally ) --- a psychiatrist might be better able to advise on this --- but whoever it is, would nee to see you and conduct a proper assessment on which to base specific advice.

Posted by: amanda | 2009-01-26

try to be aware of you thoughts and feelings as they arise. all feelings... this will develop you awareness. and a few deep breathes can help. PMS can definitely cause havoc with hormones, make sure you get magnesium, enough sleep and take a pain killer if you are experiencing discomfort.

all the best

Reply to amanda