Question
Posted by: Very worried | 2008/09/03

Anger management

My 3 and a half-year-old son has a serious problem with anger. He can viciously attack a little friend, even if he is bigger than him, and if I ask him why, he says: "  Mommy, I am so angry!"  He is starting preschool soon and I am very worried that he will be labeled as a bully and troublemaker. I have been looking after 2 kids of his age to try and teach him to socialize and I have also been taking him to a playgroup 3 times a week, but to no avail. What should I do? I am desperate!

Seeing a child psychologist might be the quickest way of sorting this out. And meanwhile, talk with him when he is NOT angry --- about what makes him get so angry, what else he can do when angry ( rather than picking on another hid ) and so forth.