Posted by: Natz | 2012-02-13

Anger, bitterness

I got divorced 4 years ago at the time my son was 11 mnths old, I left because I had found out that my ex was having numerous affairs. I remarried two years ago to a man whose ex wife also cheated on him. I have a lot of anger and bitterness towards my ex husband, he has blamed me to his family/friends etc and told them that I was the one having the affiars, I have found this very hurtful and embaressing as I am not the type of person to do this kind of thing. My relationship with my ex husband is strained at the best of times, now my son, who is five, is having to deal with his father rejecting him as well and this makes me so angry, I know that the extreme anger I experience is because of the past anger that I have not expressed. how do I rid myself of this anger and try and help my son with his rejection issues as well

Its very understandable that you feel so angry, as you describe it, your ex's behaviour has been and continues to be, disgraceful. I would suspect that his family and friends know him well enough not to take his accusations abou you all that seriously. This is not all only about previously unexpressed anger --- it sounds as though he is continuing o provide reasons to be angry. See a personal counsellor to learn how to deal wih this situation, to resist his invitations to be angry