Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2012/02/27

Anger and Blackouts

Hi CS,
I am thoroughly exhausted today, I wish I could just sleep, but I made a commitment at my job and don''t want to let them down. The bf seems to want me to loose my job, he wanted me to go to the Doc first today. His reason being that of late when I wake up, my chest and back are in so much pain that I can barely breathe. I sit up usually to try to let it pass, lying down is a murder. Eventually I can lie down again but only on my back and the pain remains constant. I don''t really sleep, I get knocked out by the meds and don''t move at all during the night. I think this is causing the pain problem, but there apparently is no way tofix it medically.
I also still need to get the machine for the sleep apnea, and because I don''t have it, my sleep is useless. What am I to do? The meds for during the day are to keep me awake, so no matter how tired I am I stay awake.
My anger flaired up over the weekend again, lost it completely, I don''t understand why the bf stays with me, he said perhaps he should leave and maybe that is really what I want but am too afraid to voice. During the blackouts, according to him I become violent and don''t care what I say, thus hurting him. Is this perhaps my subconscious speaking out on my behalf? I asked him to leave which he did but then came back. Now his son hates my guts again. Why do I do these things?
Take Care CS

Well, I do know that lying in a fixed position for extended periods, due to sedation, can indeed cause backache and muscle discomfort. Sometimes anti-arthritic / anti-inflammatory meds can help, so long as one doesn't use the common over-the-counter meds with sedatives included.
There is still remarkably little evidence for even the existence of a "subconscious", but there can be animosities and grudges one feels which one doesnt often think about or express except when druk ( from alcohol or meds or otherwise ).
Why you do such things is for you to explore, with the help of your counsellor

2
Posted by: Honest | 2012/02/27

You ask why do l do these things.......
Who knows and l am beginning to ask who cares.........

Reply to Honest