Question
Posted by: Dino | 2009/08/13

Anger

I am not sure as to where to post this. I have a serious problem with my temper, i get angry at anything, and i tend to blow things totally out of porportion. IAW " i have a short fuse" . I know this is a probem. I do not get violent, but dont seem abe to control my anger. And i konw i am hurting people emotionally. I enquired about anger management, but they just to far and expensive. Pls help

Has this been a lifelong problem, or has it only recently started ? If recent, this may be in response to increased life or work stresses, or an anxiety state o depression, which would respond to treatment of the responsible condition. If a life-long patterm, medication might be less usful than CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a specific form of counselling / therapy which can help you to change the way you identify and respond to annopying situations.
And, as CTmom suggests, involvement in sports and gym can help let out some of the anger --- beating up a leather punchbag rather than a human one, can be really helpful

4
Posted by: Dino | 2009/08/13

Thanx everyone. Yes i do not have much friends, and it is because of my bad attitude. Iam very impulsive, and inneiately regret being nasty. It has been going on for atleast 8 years now, i am 28. Nothing recent. I have enrolled in a running programme that starts on monday, kill 2 birds with one stone, get fit as well. My medical aid doesnt cover for the treatment, that was my reasn for an alternative

Reply to Dino
Posted by: Dino | 2009/08/13

Reply to Dino
Posted by: Linus | 2009/08/13

How did you do at school Dino? were you teased and bullied maybe? are you a lonely person and do you find it difficult to keep friends?

Reply to Linus
Posted by: CTMOM | 2009/08/13

You need to find a good healthy outlet.Have you tried taking up a sport or martial arts? They help with anger issues, get you fit and healthy.

Reply to CTMOM