Posted by: SLD | 2009-03-12

I think I' ve got an anger problem. I sometimes get so angry that I can feel my heat beat in my head. I get very hot and perspire. I just want to scream or swear! At home I' m very quiet and always try to avoid fighting. My husband and I used to have ennormous fights and things used to get broken very frequently. But I realised that fighting doesn t help and things are very good between hubby and me. It' s just at work that I feel I could kill! I have a lot of work and is normally very very busy. I cant say no to people and I think they take advantage of that. I just sometimes wish they can understand the pressure that I have at work. I work for 5 directors, sales manager and financial manager and do my own work as well and a lot of exporting which keeps me very busy. How can I control my anger?

You sorted this oput at home, realizing that fighting doesn't help --- but not at work ? At work, fighting DOES help ? Seeing a CBT-style counsellor / therapis could help a lot, to regain control over this temper, including learning to say No when it's appropriate to do so, and to pleasantly avoid bing taken advantage of.