Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/06/09

Anesthetic and Falling pregnant

Dear Dr

My husband and I were planning to try for our next baby this month, but we have some concerns. My period started today (9th), but I have 2 procedures scheduled for next week (17th/or could be bumped to 23th AND 20th), both will be only local anesthetic (dental, and dermatological). How long will the anesthetic be in my system? Would this influence my fertility and the quality of the egg cell? Should we rather wait another month?
Normally my mc is 30 -32 days long.
Thank you,

Michelle

Local anaesthetic is just that. It works locally and very little, if any, is absorbed into the circulation, so you can go ahead and try for a pregnancy.

3
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/06/09

Looks like my period was only a false alarm (today). I'm expecting it on the 16th... (if this would make a difference????)

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Nix GTC | 2008/06/09

I agree with Dee GTC, wait another month.

Reply to Nix GTC
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/06/09

I would wait another month. Good luck!

Reply to Dee GTC