Posted by: Distraught | 2012-06-21

I had a baby 28 May via c-section. But things went terribly wrong.
Due to slight scoliosis, I could not have epidural. So I was put under general. While under general, I apparently couldn''t be intubated. (My neck was not mobile and would not move backwards...maybe due to the slight hunch I have from Scheurmanns disease...not sure)
Apparently breathing was difficult but I survived and they managed to get baby out. (I spent 2 days in ICU after all of it)
Now I am told by my gynae today that I must not have any more kids as it is too risky.
Is this my only option? No more children?
What about emergency operations in the future? Will I never be able to go under general again?
Are there no back up options with regards to intubation etc.
I am feeling really confused and hurt by all this.
I know this is probably not the right place to be asking but seeing as there is no Anaethetist expert, I thought this only other place to ask.
Thank u

You can consult an anaethesiologist for an examination and to get his/her opinion about future complications. It is very difficult for me to give an opinion but I do think that an anaethesiologist will be able to provide you with an expert opinion.