Posted by: Viper | 2009-09-22

Anemia - low Blood pressure

3 months ago I was diagnosed as badly anemic and with extremely low blood pressure. My symptoms before diagnosis were dizziness, seeing stars terrible headache behind left eye, and pressure/pain at the back of my head/skull, collapsing and passing out. Once the blood results were received I was sent to check for cancer of the colon/stomach - came back negative. Apparently my (i think red platlets are very small). After changing the medication for anemia and putting me on Arkinor i seemed to stabilise until my body rejected Arkinor 3 weeks later and my blood pressure started sky rocketing - stopped medication. They also put me on an injection to stop my monthlies as it was determined that I was bleeding profusely and that my time span between bleeds had halfed in the previous eight months. I have been fine until now. Symptoms have returned albeit slight at present. I feel like I am shaking inside - on a constant buzz, I feel light headed and dizzy and repeatedly get headaches - especially when I get worked up or excited. Please advise. Thanks

Dear Viper
Please ask your doctor to do another check of your full blood count and iron levels. Also have your blood pressure checked again. You had symptoms of iron deficiency anemia and your body may not be absorbing oral iron as it should.