Question
Posted by: Laura | 2011/09/19

Androcur side effect on women

50mg daily dosage for cycle days 5 - 19. Extremely painful/sensitive nipples, reminds me of the pain of a baby pulling on cracked nipples during breastfeeding. Is this normal? What ingredient in Androcur causes such discomfort in the breasts, and noticeable heaviness? Or is it that I am taking Minerva too, is it the combination of the two which makes the breasts painful?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Laura

Breast tenderness or even swelling is a common side-effect of Androcur. The active ingredient that is to blame is Cyproterone as a result of its effect on hormones in your body.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/09/22

Hi Laura

Reply to pharmacist