Posted by: Polly | 2011-12-01

Androcur for the treatment of acne

Hi Doctor

I''ve always had problems with acne and was on Roaccutane for years - while I was on it all was peachy but when I''m off it my skin is bad. Over the last 5 years however my skin has been fine - I breakout during my period but this seems normal. My problem now however is that I''m getting pimples on my chest and back - something that has never happened before. My dermatologist prescribed Androcur as she thinks its hormonal acne. I''m just nervous about the side effects - is this cause for concern or will it be ok?

Do not be concerned about side effects. Hopefully you will have no reaction to the medication, other than clearing of your acne. If you experience any side effects, you should inform your dermatologist as soon as possible.