Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2010/06/07

A.N.C

Can you please tell me how I go about getting an Anti Nuptual Contract. My fiance is in PE and i am in KZN. Do we have to be together in order to do it or can we do it separately and get it witnessed?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

The Antenuptial Contract will have to conform to certain standards and prescriptions in order for the Registrar of Deeds to accept and register it. Although anyone with enough knowledge could probably draft an Antenuptial Contract, only an attorney who is a Notary may tend to the registration thereof. The Antenuptial Contract must be signed in his presence by you and your spouse to be or by someone you both have given Power of Attorney to sign it on your behalf.

2
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/06/19

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010/06/08

I must be done together and an attorney has to register it.

Reply to G-Dad