Hi, I can hear you having a giggle at this one but it is true. in a conversation with a skin specialist I was told to put anasol around my eyes and it will shrink the fine lines. Obviously, I did not believe him but tried it anyway, miraculously it works fantastically and have started to put it on my forehead!!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Anusol contains a number of ingredients which are useful in the relief of symptoms associated with piles (hemorrhoids) and other local skin irritations in the anal area.
Bismuth oxide, balsam peru and zinc oxide have mild antiseptic, protective and astringent properties (i.e. constricts blood vessels). Balsam peru is also believed to promote the growth of new skin cells. Anusol ointment and suppositories also contain bismuth subgallate, which has similar antiseptic, protective and astringent properties.

It is thought, due to the anti-inflammatory effect and mild ability to promote new skin cells that this can explain the improvement patients have noticed with wrinkles in particular around the eye area.