Question
Posted by: Tracey Mac | 2009-02-24

Anaphylaxis

Dear Doc, last year I took some Panado for a headache, and within 20mins I had a severe allergic reaction in that I had hives, felt very dizzy and passed out. My question is, what am I allergic to? Is it Panado or is it any medication containing Paracetamol, because since then I' ve stayed clear of any medication that contains paracetamol.

Dear Tracey Mac
It could be paracetamol allergy - you can have yourself tested for it at one of the labs like Du Buissons - talk to your GP about this. Its best to avoid all paracetamol containing medication until you know for sure.