Posted by: Nineathena | 2012-09-10

Anaphylactic Shock - Tests?!

I had my first ever anaphylaxis episode this weekend. (It''s either peanuts, Voltaren or Myprodol)

It started with itching, redness, hives, then swelling of face and lips and tongue, and on the way to the ER my airways started constricting and I felt faint. (Cortizone drip, Phenergen shot and 3 Adrenaline shots timed 10 min''s apart, O2 + Adrenaline inhalent sorted it out eventually)

I honestly thought I was going to die. I has this awful sense of doom. (Continued the rest of the day, even after I was fine.) Was also SO paranoid of it happening again.

I now have an epipen and anti-hist''s. But I really want to go for allergy tests. I need to know if it was peanuts (Or an ingredient in Voltaren or Myprodol?)

I''m very anxious of this happening again. Should I ask my doc for a referral?

Your doctor can do blood tests to determine what you are allergic to.