advertisement
Question
Posted by: Cheri | 2010-03-03

anaphylactic shock

I washed my face with a body scrub to exfoliate. It had beeswax in it. My lips swelled, my mouth went numb and my throat swelled. Someone said this is anaphylactic shock and I should have went to the E R. Am I still at risk 24 hours later? I''m tired and my throat is not as swollen, but feels like it still swollen a little with some chest pressure. How long does it take to go back to normal?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Cheri
It was just an allergy, not anaphylactic shock this time (but could happen in future) You can take an antihistamine like Celestamine or Aterax, but let your doctor check your chest for bronchospasm, as you may need cortisone if it is wheezy.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

2
Our users say:
Posted by: Cheri | 2010-03-05

Thanks for the info. Now I will be more careful. I thought natural products are safer, but I guess you can be allergic to anything.

Reply to Cheri
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-03

Hallo Cheri
It was just an allergy, not anaphylactic shock this time (but could happen in future) You can take an antihistamine like Celestamine or Aterax, but let your doctor check your chest for bronchospasm, as you may need cortisone if it is wheezy.
Dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement