Question
Posted by: Cheri | 2010-03-03

anaphylactic shock

I washed my face with a body scrub to exfoliate. It had beeswax in it. My lips swelled, my mouth went numb and my throat swelled. Someone said this is anaphylactic shock and I should have went to the E R. Am I still at risk 24 hours later? I''m tired and my throat is not as swollen, but feels like it still swollen a little with some chest pressure. How long does it take to go back to normal?

Hallo Cheri
It was just an allergy, not anaphylactic shock this time (but could happen in future) You can take an antihistamine like Celestamine or Aterax, but let your doctor check your chest for bronchospasm, as you may need cortisone if it is wheezy.

2
Posted by: Cheri | 2010-03-05

Thanks for the info. Now I will be more careful. I thought natural products are safer, but I guess you can be allergic to anything.

Reply to Cheri
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-03

Hallo Cheri

Reply to cyberdoc