Question
Posted by: ziggy | 2010-03-16

analgesics

I have been on Durogesic patches and Temgesic tablets amongst alll the usual drugs Lentogesic, tenston, tramal for chronic pain. I thave tried anti depressants as well. I was wondering what other analgesics you get for moderate to severe chronic pain if any. There seems to be a gap between lentogesic type drugs for moderate pain and drugs for severe pain before you hit the morphenine level drugs which I do not want to take. I have tried the antiepileptics and lyrica pretty much everything that my drs can come up with. I know people in the states who have the same condition use oxycontin, vicodin,percocet etc which we do not have in this country. Do we have any drugs which ttreat moderate to severe pain without resorting to morphine?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Jenny,

Chronic pain management is a very specialised field and if you havent done so, I'd suggest you see a specialist in this particular field. All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010-03-17

Hi Jenny,

Reply to pharmacist